Does your vehicle have it’s engine management, “check engine”, “maintenance” or“car with spanner” warning light on the dash? Not sure why? Make your way down to The Garage Miami for expert diagnosis.
The Garage Miami has expert mechanics and technology on hand to accurately diagnose your vehicle. All warning lights should be treated with priority to prevent further engine damage, but don't panic - the problem may be minor!
Our Fault Diagnosis Process of Elimination:
- Test Drive the Vehicle (If Safe)
- Perform Diagnostic Scan for Diagnostic Trouble Codes (‘DTC’s) and record these via the vehicle’s onboard computer linking either wirelessly or via the OBD-II port
- Inspect Vehicle for any contributing factors for Vehicle Diagnostic Trouble Codes (we do not blindly follow the computer). Use other diagnostic tools to confirm vehicle faults.
- Clear Codes and Test Drive Again to see if codes are consistent
- Test Drive Vehicle with Vehicle Diagnostic Tool attached to monitor live vehicle data (if required)
- Consult the vehicle manufacturer to ascertain if any ECU software updates are available to rectify the issue
- Offer two solutions/quotes:
- Process of Elimination - A step by step process to rectify vehicle in most cost effective method possible however may be more lengthy.
- Replace/Repair all possible sources of the fault (Faster but more expensive).
What Does The Garage Charge For Vehicle Diagnostics?
The Garage Miami charges our diagnostic workshop labour rate of $125 per hour ($139 per hour for Euro and Prestige vehicles), charged in 15 minute blocks. Our minimum workshop charge is 30 minutes. By the time we have test driven, scanned and inspected your vehicle it is hard to offer any solutions in less time.
Vehicle Diagnostic Trouble Codes and Low Battery Power
Please be aware if your battery is testing low, a new battery is the first place to start. If your vehicle’s computers are underpowered, your trouble codes may in fact be false. A new battery may prevent expensive diagnostic or repair bills!
Be Sure to Share All Information About Your Vehicle
If other mechanics have already completed repairs on your vehicle in an effort to repair your problem please don’t hide this information! It may help us save your money!
What Brands Do We Support?
The Garage Miami offers diagnostic services for all major brands including european brands, Volkswagen, Audi, Skoda, Mercedes Benz, BMW, Land Rover, Lexus, Toyota, Kia, Hyundai and Many more. If we can’t solve your problem we will find those who can! Our service advisors are on a first name basis with service departments of most major vehicle manufacturers to make sure you get the most up to date information! We do not work on brands of vehicles that are no longer in production including SAAB,Early MG etc