Are your shock absorbers or struts worn out?
Your shock absorbers are critical for safe, stable and comfortable driving. The job of the shock absorber is to dampen the undulations in the road and keep the tyres in even contact in the road.
Is your car CURSED? Worn shock absorbers have the follow effects:
- C – Car veering or sliding in side winds?
- U – Uneven wear appearing on your tires.
- R – Rocking, rolling and rattling.
- S – Swerving and dipping when applying your brakes.
- E – Excessive vibration in your steering wheel.
- D – Delayed or longer stopping distances.
How do you know if your shock absorbers are worn out?
We inspect your suspension for the following indicators:
- Leaking Shock Absorbers
- Visual signs of age - If your shocks are looking too old, they probably are! Monroe advise the useful life of shock absorbers is 80,000-100,000kms depending on road conditions.
- Whilst The Garage benefits from the Auto Test Suspension Meter - a simple bounce test can help. More than 1.5 bounces and you may need new shocks...
- Clunking Noises?
Our expert technicians will inspect and report on your steering and suspension systems using the widely accepted, easy to understand traffic light method:
The Garage offers a range of brands including KYB, Bilstein, Monroe, Ultra, Pedders, Sachs and many more for most popular makes from Mazda to Mercedes.
The Garage offers shock absorber replacement services to Mermaid Beach, Burleigh Heads, Mermaid Waters, Clear Island Waters, Merrimac, Broadbeach, Robina and Surrounding Suburbs.
Help my shock absorbers are seized!
One of the most inconvenient occurrences is when you have your vehicle on a hoist for maintenance and upon lowering the vehicle the shocks lock and the vehicle becomes rock hard to drive. This is particularly common with Hyundai and Honda vehicles. In this case the only solution is replacement of your shock absorbers or struts.